Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"Once They Commit, No Turning Back"

My wife and I were slinging dogs at a local event, It was a great day with lines of 5-10 people deep and things were running fast and smooth. I told my wife not to worry how many people stood in line but just get the order and the $$$. She did not understand what I meant so I had to explain to her.

Simply put, starting with the 2nd person in line ask "What can I get started for you Sir" then total his order and take his money. Repeat with 3rd person, even the 4th. Once they have given you their money they will not walk away, they are "Committed" Once they get to the first position in line, I usually have their order ready to be served. Once you get better at this you can got further down the line to the 5th, 6th, 7th person. You should be able to serve an order within 10-25 seconds per person if your well organized. If you have a long line at an event with multiple vendors you are going to loose some business, If you have a long line and you are the ONLY vendor than people will not bite the hand that feeds them.. Keep it smooth and it will run FAST!

No comments:

Post a Comment