Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Good Days and Bad Days !

I have to be fair on this Blog, and I can't just talk about the GOOD days, I recently finished my contract with a local park. I've been selling Hot Dogs all summer and did very well. In efforts to continue marketing my stand to the local community I have been selling in, I contacted the city and told them I found a new location (76 Gas Station) and I was going to be setting up my Hot Dog cart.  Well, they slammed on the brakes quick. They advised me that I could only sell for 14 days per year. I quickly brought up the fact that I've been selling for the last 5 months in the parks without issue. After several phone calls with different officials and city big wigs the city finally one. I explained that the gas station that I wanted to sell at was going thru some tuff times and that my objective was to help drive traffic into their business. I even stated that I felt it was far more attractive to have a Hot Dog cart slinging dogs on Main street compared to a vacant piece of commercial property on Main st. Well bottom line they did not budge. According to the city the park was under different zoning and the rules did not apply to them. So, for now I will comply, but I will not retreat. I will find a way to make it happen. Until next time, KEEP SLINGING THOSE DOGS.

No comments:

Post a Comment